Web app reportee data

03-07-2016 06:13 AM
paulnihell
New Contributor

Hi,

I recently created a Geoform data collection web app with the intention of letting the public enter comments and a location in our area. Can the app can collect reportee data to identify potential mischief makers who might put in multiple reports ?  I want to avoid asking for personal details because that might put people off.  Any suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks

Paul

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

I have a feeling that this app does not provide any kind of quality data checking like you are asking (at least not out-of-the-box). But, this would be really handy to eliminate any bogus entries.

Even briefly looking at the GitHub stuff for customizing, I did not see anyplace to eliminate duplicate entries, etc. If this is coming back to your back end data on a server or so, maybe you could filter stuff out there (by writing queries and such).

Also, this post might be better suited in a place like Web GIS​ or ArcGIS Online​ instead of in the Web Appbuilder place.

paulnihell
New Contributor

Thanks Adrian. The dilemma I have is that a single person could enter multiple points quite legitimately but it's how I root out the trouble makers that's the hard part. Being able to identify the type of device used would be better than nothing but I don't know how to do that.

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

There doesn't really seem to be any way to garner that kind of information (like what device it was collected on, or what the IP address is of the user entering data, etc.). I am not very experienced with JavaScript but there are some fields you can manipulate from that GitHub location

fields:{
  "GeoForm_Sample_3731": [{
  "name": "email", // field ID
  "alias": "Email", // label
  "fieldDescription": "Let us contact you.", // help text
  "visible": true, // show this field?
  "typeField": false, // subtype field?
  "tooltip": "test@test.com", // placeholder text
  "displayType": "email" // text, checkbox, radio, textarea, url, email
  }]
}

This is something you would modify after downloading the template. Currently, fields is a blank array and thus has no data in it, initially.

It would be great if there were a way to put in parameters like you need in order to quality check the data.

0 Kudos
paulnihell
New Contributor

Thanks but my JavaScript knowledge is basically zero.  I will probably just have to add an additional field asking for contact details or something without putting them off.

0 Kudos