Select One Display on Android

02-29-2016 09:03 AM
GaryBowles1
Occasional Contributor III

I just updated Connect to 1.2.50 and Android app to 1.2.77. When I have a select_one list that is greater than 6 items, after selecting an item from the list, it does not display in the data box after the drop down window closes. Pressing the Show Data Values button shows that the data is selected, it just will not display on screen. If my select_one list is less than 6 items, then the selected data value displays properly.

Thanks,

--gary

0 Kudos
7 Replies
HannahFerrier

Hi Gary,

I am unable to reproduce your issue - would you be able to provide some screenshots?

Could you also provide some specifics about the choices list you are using?

Thanks,

Hannah

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Hannah,

From trying again in order to send you some screen shots I found that choosing from a list of e.g. 10 entries the 8th entry (or above) will not show the chosen item. This is only the case for the field where I have a percentage range as a label, a number as the name. In contrast, for my crops list it works also with the list of 20 choices.

On the left you see that I chose the last value for the proportion. But as soon as the menu closes, the selection disappears. When I look back into the list, I can see which value was chosen but it doesn't show in the field.

Screenshot_2016-03-01-09-27-20.pngScreenshot_2016-03-01-09-27-32.png

Maybe you can reproduce it now. Thanks for looking into this.

0 Kudos
GaryBowles1

Hannah, i have attached a series of screenshots and the xlsx file for you. The choices are a simple select_one list with 10 and 5 choices respectively.

Screenshot_2016-03-02-09-31-10.png Screenshot_2016-03-02-09-31-25.png

Screenshot_2016-03-02-09-32-10.png Screenshot_2016-03-02-09-32-13.png

0 Kudos
HannahFerrier

Thanks Gary,

Could you let me now what version of Android you are running on? Are you seeing this on any other platforms?

- Hannah

0 Kudos
GaryBowles1

My phone is running 5.1.1

I have also seen this with 5.0

Thanks,

--gary

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

0 Kudos
HannahFerrier

Thanks Gary,

I have been able to reproduce your issue and have raised a bug with the development team.

- Hannah

0 Kudos
GaryBowles1

Ok thanks Hannah. Elvin and Ismael looked at that survey last night also.

Thanks for your help with this.

--gary

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

0 Kudos