vijipat
New Contributor

Hi All,

I have following things installed on my pc:

1. Arc GIS Desktop 10.3.1
  2. Arc Objects SDK 10.3.1
  3. Eclipse kepler 4.3(32 bit)
  4. Java 7.9(32 bit)

But when I create add in, it gets successfully installed but does not go visible in customize window. I tried using Eclipse and java both 64 bit, but still no luck.

Can anybody please help me understand the correct combination to get add in visible.

Regards,

Viji

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
KwasiAsante1
New Contributor III

Hi Viji,

ArcMap is shipped with the version of a jre which basically provides the runtime for java addins. Please ensure that the version of jdk you develop the addin with in eclipse is compatible with the one in ArcMap. By compatible I mean, your jdk should be 32-bit and should be the same version or lower than the one ArcMap comes with (please check the ff links for system reqs. ArcObjects SDK 10.3.x system requirements—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop).

To determine the version of jre ArcMap is shipped with, open a command prompt and navigate to <ArcMap install location>\java\jre\bin  and type the command "java -version" (without the quotes of course). This should tell you the version of java ArcMap comes with. You may then download a suitable jdk and change the jdk in your build path in eclipse to reflect the compatible one. Once you export (with the compatible jdk) and install your addin, you should locate it in the customize window under the right categories in ArcMap.

0 Kudos