Select to view content in your preferred language

esearch Widget operational results layer

Jump to solution
02-25-2016 12:05 PM
RudoDuncan
Deactivated User

Robert Scheitlin, GISP

I have an operational layer that is not displaying all of the points when using the print widget( saving as a PDF, PNG 32 etc.). I tested the other layers and they display without an issue. The issue seems to hang up on the operational results layer. Any ideas what can cause this?

Printed as PDF

Actual in application

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Rudo,

Correct, as I mentioned earlier that the eSearch widget results are created client side (unlike your other layer that is server side) and thus needs to create all the results in a JSON string that is passed to the print service instead or just a simple server url to the layer.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Rudo,

When you have a FeatureLayer like the eSearch results layer that is built client side it has to be passed to the print service as json and thus if you have a thousand or more features you can see where the json passed would be quite large and likely exceed the put request length limit and thus needs a proxy setup so that it can use a POST request instead. So I would say that you need to configure a proxy on your web server and point your apps main config.json file to this proxy (there are several threads about this) and you will likely be good to go.

See this pdf page 196

http://www.tapasdas.com/WABv2.pdf

RudoDuncan
Deactivated User

Thank You, I am still working on my application locally. Should I set up the proxy before or after I am ready to deploy on a server?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Rudo,

If you are working locally inside WAB then the WAB proxy should be used. But if you have deployed locally to your web server then you need to setup a proxy on that server.

0 Kudos
RudoDuncan
Deactivated User

Ok, as you stated before this will correct the issue I am having displaying all of the features in the results layer when printing, correct? I have another layer that has over 8k features in it and the seem to display just fine when exporting the map to a PDF. I am assuming that the hiccup is ONLY with the Result Operational layer.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Rudo,

Correct, as I mentioned earlier that the eSearch widget results are created client side (unlike your other layer that is server side) and thus needs to create all the results in a JSON string that is passed to the print service instead or just a simple server url to the layer.