Map Journal custom HTML popup bug

Jump to solution
02-23-2016 06:17 AM
MattJohnson
New Contributor

I have set up some custom text for captions within popups and charts in my webmap that have subscripts (CO2). The subscripts work perfect within the webmap but when I open my Map Journal and click on the point to view the popup the html formating is not carried over. The CO2 becomes CO2.

This is a screenshot from the map journal...

This is a screenshot from the webmap driving the map journal...

The issue happens in multiple places where I have added the custom html code <sub>2</sub>.

Any help would be greatly appreciated or if this is a bug that will be addressed I would love to know. At the moment the only solution I have is spelling out Carbon Dioxide, but it does cramp the space and looks out of place. Thanks!

PS: Just noticed also if I change the alias of an attribute field adding the custom html subscript it does not work even within the webmap, the result is ...CO<sub>2</sub>... I'm assuming this is a bug or this might not be possible with field alias'.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GregoryL_Azou
Occasional Contributor III

Sorry about your issue. Unfortunately the sub tag is not well supported in the platform. The documentation about supported HTML tag is available at Supported HTML—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS ; depending on your data source, the behavior is going different:

• if using a Feature Service: unsupported tags are removed with their content, so you would not even see the 2
  • if using a web map storage like when you drag and drop a CSV to the Map Viewer, unsupported tags are removed but their content is preserved, this is I think your case

Note that if you reload your map in map viewer, you should also see that the html formatting has not be conserved (this filtering only happen when after the web map is saved and changes only applied when reloaded). This is common to any other app of the platform like for example the Viewer application. I suggest you report this issues to ArcGIS ideas website Esri Arcgis Ideas | Ideas Submission Portal

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
GregoryL_Azou
Occasional Contributor III

Sorry about your issue. Unfortunately the sub tag is not well supported in the platform. The documentation about supported HTML tag is available at Supported HTML—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS ; depending on your data source, the behavior is going different:

• if using a Feature Service: unsupported tags are removed with their content, so you would not even see the 2
  • if using a web map storage like when you drag and drop a CSV to the Map Viewer, unsupported tags are removed but their content is preserved, this is I think your case

Note that if you reload your map in map viewer, you should also see that the html formatting has not be conserved (this filtering only happen when after the web map is saved and changes only applied when reloaded). This is common to any other app of the platform like for example the Viewer application. I suggest you report this issues to ArcGIS ideas website Esri Arcgis Ideas | Ideas Submission Portal

0 Kudos