If you’re using the Attribute Assistant, we need your help!

02-23-2016 07:37 AM
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

We’re doing some research into how the Attribute Assistant is being used. We’d like to see what rules you are using and how you configured your dynamic value table. 

This information will help us plan for the future. We want to know what are the most common rules.  We also want to see your gnarly and complicated rules to see how far the Attribute Assistant is being pushed.

So please share your dynamic value table along with any comments you have in this thread. We appreciate your help on this effort!

Thanks,

Mike

ArcGIS Solutions

PS: If you don’t know what the Attribute Assistant is (or aren’t sure if you are using it already) no worries.  You can learn more about Attribute Assistant on the ArcGIS Solution site here

Tags (1)
239 Replies
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

Hey Michael,

first of all, I love AA! It makes my life so much easier!

I wrote an article about it for the ArcUser magazine in 2013. In it you can also see my DynamicValue table.

http://www.esri.com/esri-news/arcuser/fall-2013/~/media/Files/Pdfs/news/arcuser/1013/attribute.pdf

Tim

ShanePavlak
New Contributor II

Tim,

I found your article very helpful when trying to set a rule calculating the Full Street Name from the various fields found in the Centerline table.

Thanks,

Shane

TimWitt2
MVP Alum

Glad I could help

0 Kudos
ShanePavlak
New Contributor II

Hi Mike,

At Ottawa County, we use the Attribute Assitant all the time when editing. We use it extensively on our street centerlines and address related data.

I have attached our Dynamic Value table.

Thanks,

Shane

Shane Pavlak

GIS Supervisor

County of Ottawa | Innovation & Technology
spavlak@miottawa.org | d 616.738.4602 | f 616.738.4610

42⁰ 56' 23.69” N, -86⁰ 5' 14.51" W

12220 Fillmore St, Suite 320

West Olive Mi, 49460
gis.miOttawa.org

www.miOttawa.org/Departments/GIS/

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

I looked at your DynamicValues.xlsx. I did see that you had X & Y coordinate which is what I am trying to accomplish for multiple feature classes. I have attached the screenshot of how far I am. I understand that I set up rules, have to have the feature where I want the XY to calculate selected, and be in an edit session. Do you have any suggestions? Do I need to move the selected feature for XY to calculate every time I move it? I am trying to automate XY Coordinate calculation for many features. 

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

You click use the toolbar to trigger the rule

MarielaDel_Rio
New Contributor III

Based on the picture you showed, when you create the feature, as long as the attribute assistant is on, it will populate the X&Y. If you want it to update every time you move the feature, you must set the change geometry to true (1) as well. If you want to recalculate selected features, as Michael Miller said, you click the 'On_Manual' icon tool from the AA toolbar and it will execute all commands from the dynamic table set to true on On_Manual. Make sure you have set the On_Manual to true on the commands you want to run and off on the ones you do not want. Every time you run the ON_Manual for X&Y, everything else set to True (1) on On _Manual will be running as well.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Does it help to keep the DynamicValue Table in the same GDB?

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

Does not matter, needs to be in the map. If you are editing it and the data, it helps so you do not have to switch edit sessions

0 Kudos