AnsweredAssumed Answered

can I retrieve a value from a choice list?

Question asked by nicsi76 on Feb 18, 2016
Latest reply on Feb 19, 2016 by nicsi76

Also this question I asked already on github but since I didn't receive an helping answer yet I hope to get some hints here.

Following scenario: The field trac_letter is filled by select_one from the list trac_letter. Now the next field should show a trac number which should be filled from either the list trac_letter (or a new list trac_nr for example) where I would list the numbers to show, depending on the trac_letter that was chosen before. I would assume that should be possible through the calculate field and readonly but I can't figure out how to access the according field in the list. I tried ${trac_letter.nr} for example but that obviously does not work.

The cascading selects are working well and are really helpful. But in this case I want to write the according trac number straight to the database without selecting it in the front end. So it should be something in the calculate field like "select trac_nr from trac_nr_list where letter=trac_letter" - only in the correct language ;-)

Outcomes