add multiple features at the same time to my content

02-17-2016 07:29 AM
MarkYoung3
New Contributor III

Hi,

The way I used to work In ESRI was to create an .mxd with various layers and publish to ArcGIS Server. I would then create a web map selecting whatever layers I wanted to show.

Now, with ArcGIS online if I go to my content>add item>from the web>'ArcGIS Server or Web Service' by pasting the service's URL it adds all the layers from the .mxd but as a map image layer rather than a feature layer. I now know that if I want to use my data with web apps I have to load my data as feature layers but this means adding an extra /0 at the end of the service URL thereby specifying the individual layer. Do you have to load every layer one at a time for it to be recognised as a feature layer?

Thanks

Mark

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Did you make sure to publish your layers with feature access in the publishing process? There are some check boxes in the publishing process that aren't always on by default and sometimes I find that I miss checking these and have to go in and republish, etc.

0 Kudos
MarkYoung3
New Contributor III

Hi,

Tried ticking WFS and Feature Access before re-publishing but if I try and add the map service it still adds as a map image layer and not a map feature layer.

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos