Can Runtime .NET use existing ArcGIS License?

Jump to solution
02-12-2016 07:50 PM
JosephSaltenberger
New Contributor III

Can an ArcGIS Runtime .NET application use existing concurrent or single use licenses, similar to ArcEngine?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JosephSaltenberger
New Contributor III

I've gone through the documentation. I assume the answer to my question is No, since they are using different technologies, but I'll ask again with some additional detail:

Can an ArcGIS Runtime .NET application use existing concurrent or single use licenses, similar to ArcEngine? For example, if I deploy a runtime application to a user that has ArcGIS for Dekstop installed on their machine, can they use the application without additional costs incurring?

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
YueWu1
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Joseph,

You need register a developer account for the first step. Here is the documentation about License your app—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET | ArcGIS for Developers

0 Kudos
JosephSaltenberger
New Contributor III

I've gone through the documentation. I assume the answer to my question is No, since they are using different technologies, but I'll ask again with some additional detail:

Can an ArcGIS Runtime .NET application use existing concurrent or single use licenses, similar to ArcEngine? For example, if I deploy a runtime application to a user that has ArcGIS for Dekstop installed on their machine, can they use the application without additional costs incurring?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
EricBader
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Joseph,

You're hunch is correct. No, there isn't concurrent licensing for Runtime apps, nor is there a way to leverage your Desktop license like you were able to do with Engine. As you correctly stated, these are different products and technologies.

Great question. Thanks.

0 Kudos