ArcGIS Server Manager - Delete Cache?

Jump to solution
02-10-2016 08:31 AM
BedfordGIS
New Contributor II

I have a service within ArcGIS Server Manager, which is not yet being used and has a partial cache created. If I were to deleted this cache will the service work as expected

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I would recommend stopping the service, then I would start be renaming the cache folder, just in case something goes wrong and you need to reverse it.

If you don't want to use the cache at all (and don't want to have it "cache on demand") I would go into the service properties and revert back to "dynamic" map. (sorry, were having server issues this am...no snapshots)

If you have any web apps that are referring to the service, you may need to change the reference from a Tiled service to a Dynamic service.

Oh...and don't forget to start the service back up.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I would recommend stopping the service, then I would start be renaming the cache folder, just in case something goes wrong and you need to reverse it.

If you don't want to use the cache at all (and don't want to have it "cache on demand") I would go into the service properties and revert back to "dynamic" map. (sorry, were having server issues this am...no snapshots)

If you have any web apps that are referring to the service, you may need to change the reference from a Tiled service to a Dynamic service.

Oh...and don't forget to start the service back up.

BedfordGIS
New Contributor II

Hi Rebecca,

When you say rename the cache folder, do you mean the folder for this particular cache?

Thank you.

Harley

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

For the particular service only.  This is just a "just in case".  But if you know you don't need it at all, you can delete it.  There are tools in the cache toolset to do this too....but renaming/deleting it and changing the service to dynamic will do the same thing.

0 Kudos
BedfordGIS
New Contributor II

That's perfect.

Thank you for your help, Rebecca.

Harley

0 Kudos