Popups on Swipe Story Map

Jump to solution
02-03-2016 10:25 AM
TonyGroeneveld1
New Contributor

I have a map that has two layers. The first layer is an old orthophoto of the city. The second layer is a map notes layer drawn on top of the orthophoto. Using map notes I added points to the map and defined a popup to highlight key areas of the city.

I then created a swipe story map that allows the user to swipe the old orthophoto over top the basemap. I used a swipe type of A layer in a web map and the layer that is swiped is the orthophoto.

My problem is that the popups for the map notes only appear when the point is to left of the swipe bar. If you click on a point to the right of the swipe bar, there is a flash of the symbology but no popup. If you then take the swipe bar and move it to the right so the point is now on the left of the swipe bar the popup appears.

I want the popup to appear regardless of its location relative to the swipe bar.

Anyone else experienced this? If so did you find a work around?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarkCooney
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Tony,

This is the designed behavior of the Swipe application.  It is designed to compare/contrast two layers/maps and its data, both visually, and through its popups.  The swipe bar controls what layers appear on the left/right side, as well as if a feature and its popup is found on that appropriate layer/map.  A possible work around is to use two maps that both contain the same points layer, and therefore popups, that will be displayed regardless of which side is swiped.

Mark

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MarkCooney
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Tony,

This is the designed behavior of the Swipe application.  It is designed to compare/contrast two layers/maps and its data, both visually, and through its popups.  The swipe bar controls what layers appear on the left/right side, as well as if a feature and its popup is found on that appropriate layer/map.  A possible work around is to use two maps that both contain the same points layer, and therefore popups, that will be displayed regardless of which side is swiped.

Mark

0 Kudos