AnsweredAssumed Answered

Deployed Windows Executable Does Not Run

Question asked by bensaunders on Jan 29, 2016
Latest reply on Feb 3, 2016 by bensaunders

I am running Qt Creator 3.6.0 based on Qt 5.5.1 and the ArcGIS Runtime Qt 10.26, compiling to MSVC 2013 32-bit . I build an ArcGIS Runtime 10.2.6 Qt Quick Application using the straight template (no additions) and deploy it, complete with running qtwindeploy.exe in the Qt 5.5 32-bit for Desktop (MSVC 2013) command window after running the vcvarsall.bat to complete the environment setup. Running the resulting deployed executable does nothing - no error messages, no alerts, no entries in the Windows Event Viewer, no application, no nothing - on any machine I copy everything to (including the machine it was developed on). The resulting directory that I deployed:

It builds and runs within Qt Creator without any problems - I see the map and I'm able to pan, zoom, etc.

If I simply create a Qt Quick application using that out-of-the-box template and deploy it following the same process, its executable runs as expected.

If I take that same Qt Quick application, add the ArcGIS Runtime to the project file:

TEMPLATE = app

QT += qml quick
CONFIG += c++11 arcgis_runtime_qml10_2_6

SOURCES += main.cpp

RESOURCES += qml.qrc

# Additional import path used to resolve QML modules in Qt Creator's code model
QML_IMPORT_PATH =

# Default rules for deployment.
include(deployment.pri)

and simply import the ArcGIS runtime into a .qml file:

import QtQuick 2.5
import ArcGIS.Runtime 10.26

Rectangle {
    property alias mouseArea: mouseArea

width: 360
    height: 360

MouseArea {
        id: mouseArea
        anchors.fill: parent
    }

Text {
        anchors.centerIn: parent
        text: "Hello World"
    }
}

The resulting executable will not run again without any message or anything indicating what went wrong. And note, I didn't even add any ArcGIS controls (e.g. Map). While there is not error indicated in the Edit, in Design there is the following issue:

which is curious and my only indication of any sort of problem. This app builds and runs fine within Qt Creator too.

If anyone has any suggestions on things to look at, I sure would appreciate it! I have successfully deployed the same code to Android, so it really has narrowed down to Windows (and my inability to figure out what I'm missing...!).

Thanks!

Ben

Outcomes