Error in Displaying/Creating Swipe Map

01-21-2016 06:32 AM
JohnWhitfield
New Contributor II

Having trouble creating a swipe map, it worked great at first but then suddenly stopped working and when I tried to open it, it would give me the following error. I decided to delete the app and re-make it but now the Swipe map builder won't let me build it but gives me the following error again. Searched here but haven't been able to find an answer. It is based on the web map: 'EXLU vacant' in my content.

Any suggestions? it would seem that there is a problem with my web map? but it loads fine on itself.

many thanks in advance!

Swipe Map Error.JPG

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MarkCooney
Occasional Contributor III

Sorry you are experiencing issues John.  Is this the map you are working with? http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=0bf97ff58069446fa6e6a0f8b5e6260e

If so, I was able to successfully build a swipe app, save, and open the app in non edit mode.  I suspect it could be a network issue pushing against our timeouts we have set up in the swipe-config.js file.  If you are able to download (Release V1.7.0 · Esri/swipe-map-storytelling-template-js · GitHub ) and host the app on a web server, you could try changing these settings to allow a longer duration in trying to load the application.  Look for these properties (and bumping them up to the values listed):

TIMEOUT_VIEWER_LOAD: 64000,

TIMEOUT_VIEWER_REQUEST: 60000,

TIMEOUT_BUILDER_REQUEST: 60000,

Let us know if you are able to experiment with this solution, and if it resolves your issue.

Thanks,

Mark

0 Kudos
JohnWhitfield
New Contributor II

Thank you for the response. Yes, that is the map, but I will not be able to download and host on a web server. Are there any other options or we cannot make any more swipe maps on ArcGIS online?

Do you know why the map is doing this? we made another one and it works fine

thanks!

0 Kudos
JohnWhitfield
New Contributor II

Also, of note. I deleted the non-functioning App and also the functioning Web map so I could try and start over again. Interestingly, I tried recreating the web app identical to the functioning one I made yesterday however when I try and add the identical layers, I now get the following error message...

Any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks in advance!

Web Map Error.JPG

0 Kudos
MarkCooney
Occasional Contributor III

Is this the error you are getting when trying to create the map in the map viewer?  Its possible your file is too large (have you tried generalizing feature geometries?), or you may be experiencing network issues.  If you are experiencing issues with creating the web map, I would suggest jumping over to the ArcGIS online forum here for more specific help: ArcGIS Online

0 Kudos
JohnWhitfield
New Contributor II

Thanks for the reply, Yes, happens when trying to re-create the web map in map viewer, it is the exact same file(S) that I was able to use yesterday successfully so it is not a size issue. Yes, I generalized the feature geometries. The older version of the map was fine and functioning before I deleted it in order to re-create everything.

0 Kudos