I was wondering if anyone has any success using ArcGIS Server and Portal in a docker container?
We are currently attempting to use ArcGIS Web Adapter Java Linux in a Docker Container, our ArcGIS server instances is on a Windows 2012 server:
Some Spec Info:
- The host is Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS
- And I have tried these official Apache Docker containers:
- #FROM tomcat:7.0.65-jre7
- #FROM tomcat:latest
- FROM tomcat:8-jre8
Configuration - Container is up and running with Port Mapped from the host to the container on 9780 -> 8080
- Tomcat instances - Can connect happily using Lynx on the Host -> localhost:9780 and get the config pages.
- Config fails when all the information entered - Message: Asking to check access to the arcgis server.
- our architect can access the arcgis server url fine by running the wget in the container.
- Additionally, the architect has copied the script files to the container - it connects to the local tomcat 8080 ok and fails on the connection to arcgis server.
- The architect has tried to specify a proxy in the -g parameter to see what happens, there is no outgoing connections from the container at all.
- We have tried tomcat/jdk8 and tomcat7/jdk7
The future for our implementation is to move away from Windows Servers for ArcGIS.
Any suggestions on the Docker Container or any information for a full implementation for Server would be awesome