Multiple editors of a CSV file to use in ArcGIS Online web map

12-02-2015 01:14 PM
LisaAngstadt
New Contributor II

We are proposing an ArcGIS Online project that would allow for 34-different local government supervisors to update individual CSV files with road sign attribute information, which would then be put into a webmap to be ultimately used in a web app for each municipality. The problem is we are limited to only 25-users in our current ArcGIS online organization account, and actually only have 10 user spots remaining.

Is there a way to accomplish our idea? I guess we are asking for editing capabilities of the CSV by the 34-individual municipalities which they can upload to a webmap WITHOUT being a part of our organization. Any suggestions on a workflow would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
KyleBalke__GISP
Occasional Contributor III

Will they need to continually update the information in the CSV's or is this a one time data collection?  If the latter then each supervisor could provide you with the CSV which you then use to publish to your Organizational account.

LisaAngstadt
New Contributor II

Thank you for the reply Kyle! We were hoping to make the supervisors self sufficient and have them do the modifications and publishing themselves, either through our organization or their own ArcGIS Online account....

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Check this out. Using Google Docs in your ArcGIS Online maps — Esri UK.

I haven´t tested myself but it looks promising!

LisaAngstadt
New Contributor II

Hi Johan!

This looks like it may be a solution! We are going to test it today...we will let you know the results!!

Thanks so much!!!

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Did it work?

0 Kudos