Localization in Web AppBuilder Built-in Widgets

Jump to solution
11-22-2015 10:14 AM
JamilNawaz
New Contributor II

Hi,

My Client is looking to translate the built-in widget's labels to Spanish? Is there any built-in support that we need to switch the language and labels are already translated?

I uses the Silverlight AppBuilder, there was localized installer and that takes care of everything. How we need to it in WAB?

Regards,

Jamil

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jamil,

The OTB (out of the box) widgets included with WAB are already localized for 26 languages and spanish is one of them. Localized label will appear when the app is deployed and the browsers language will determine the nls localization file to be used. There is not a localized installer like in SL as the deployed WAB app on the web server will display localized label based on the end users browsers language.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jamil,

The OTB (out of the box) widgets included with WAB are already localized for 26 languages and spanish is one of them. Localized label will appear when the app is deployed and the browsers language will determine the nls localization file to be used. There is not a localized installer like in SL as the deployed WAB app on the web server will display localized label based on the end users browsers language.

MattiasEkström
Occasional Contributor III

I can add to Roberts answer that if you want to control the language and not leave it to the browser language, there's a URL parameter for this. That's one of the new URL parameters in the latest release. Add  &locale=es to your URL. Read more about this here.

SPNIOrganization
Occasional Contributor

hi,

is there a way to automatically add the URL parameter every time someone is opening the app?

I want to publish a "clean" URL , without question mark and other words...

but I want that the page will know to behave according to the parameters i define.

Dikla.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus