Select to view content in your preferred language

Is there a doc listing the steps and necessary configuration files to edit when adding custom widgets?

Jump to solution
11-12-2015 12:00 PM
MichaelMiller2
Frequent Contributor

I'm looking for a doc that may detail the steps and configuration files that require editing to enable adding custom widgets.  There may be some of this in the LocalLayer widget and Rebecca has included it in her blog.  Maybe i'm missing something, but some widgets work when added to the ../client/sitemap/widgets folder and others do not. This probably more of my not understanding the design/organization of the WAB and widgets.  Any help would be much welcome.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Michael,

Once you copy the eSearch widget folder into the ./client/sitemap/widgets folder that is it. Now when you create a new app the eSearch widget will appear as an option in the widgets list. If you are wanting to app the eSearch to an existing app then you just need to open that app in WAB and go to the widget tab and you should see the eSearch widget listed there to add.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Michael,

Here is the official help page for that:

Deploy custom widget and theme—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developers

Short of that I would need to know specifics of the issue you are having.

MichaelMiller2
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Robert,already noted that page. I guess I'm having trouble with the eSearch widget. What config files do I need to edit?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Michael,

Once you copy the eSearch widget folder into the ./client/sitemap/widgets folder that is it. Now when you create a new app the eSearch widget will appear as an option in the widgets list. If you are wanting to app the eSearch to an existing app then you just need to open that app in WAB and go to the widget tab and you should see the eSearch widget listed there to add.

MichaelMiller2
Frequent Contributor

Roger.....thanks Robert.

Kinda a dumb question if it was that easy.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Don't forget to mark this thread as answered. To do this you have to open the thread (you can not see the correct answer link from inside your inbox) and then you will see the green star with correct answer link. Just click that link on the thread that answered your question.

0 Kudos