Does Chrome have problems with the WAB Search or Enhanced Search widgets, or zooming to results?

11-05-2015 11:25 AM
AdamGebhart
Occasional Contributor III

We have recently experienced delayed refresh or zoom to selected features in Chrome.  This happens with the WAB Search (f/k/a Geocode) widget, as well as Robert Scheitlin, GISP​'s Enhanced Search widget, when conducting each widget's initial search after opening our site and from the full map extent.  All following searches select and refresh in normal time.  Additionally, if we zoom in one or two levels before initiating the first search then we don't see a delay in the zoom-to or refresh.

I've tested each widget's initial search (from the full map extent) in Chrome, Firefox and IE, and only Chrome appears to have any significant delays.  The zoom/refresh time for each broswer and widget is shown below.

Refresh/Zoom (seconds)
WAB SearchRobert's eSearch
Chrome19-208-9
Firefox2-32-4
IE2-32-3

As far as I know, we have not had this problem until the last week or so.  At the least, I do not recall ever noticing this problem over the last few months.  Robert - I'm including you here in case you have seen a similar issue with Chrome and your eSearch widget.

Has anybody else experienced the same problem?

Browser versions

Chrome: 46.0.2490.80 m

Firefox: 41.0.2

IE: 11.0.9600.18059

Web Appbuilder Developer 1.2

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Adam,

Have you looked at your server log? Have you tried restarting the map service or the whole server?

0 Kudos
AdamGebhart
Occasional Contributor III

Robert:

Thanks for the suggestions.  I don't see any errors in the ArcGIS Server Manager log that pertain to the specific map service used in my searches.  Nor do I see anything in the console window that jumps out as a significant problem.  I could always be looking past something though.

I did stop and recreate the map service used in the default Search and eSearch searches.  ArcGIS Server was restarted a few times in the last two days.  Neither seems to have done anything with the zoom-to and refresh in Chrome.

I have tested the Search and eSearch widgets on eight to ten machines, some 32-bit and some 64-bit.  Only one 64-bit machine has worked properly, while all 32-bit machines (two or three?) have worked properly.  Also, a couple of the 64-bit machines had Chrome lock up while the others took the 18-20 seconds to refresh after the zoom.  All of these computers are on our network.  There may not be a connection between the system and whether or not Chrome cooperates, but I do plan to test more machines today.

In addition, we experienced another problem or two with Chrome on phone and tablet devices this morning.  One problem is when I load my site on my LG-VK410 tablet, and have the tablet in the portrait or vertical position, the keyboard closes after one second when I try to type in search criteria.  Thus, I don't have enough time to type anything.  If I switch it to landscape the keyboard stays up and works as it should.  Our office's GT-P5710 has the opposite problem where the keyboard works fine in portrait, but not landscape.  Both devices are Androids.  Maybe there are settings with the keyboard or screen orientation that need adjusted ?

I do not appear to have any problems with Chrome on my phone (Droid Turbo) and the same goes for a coworker with a Samsung Note5.

0 Kudos