"Accessing data failed" Error in ArcGIS Online

10-30-2015 11:34 AM
DavidSekkes
New Contributor II

Hello!

I have an MXD that I published as a map service to ArcGIS Online. In it there are three layers in this order:

1. River Trend
  2. USGS Stream Gauge
  3. Major Stream Flood Status

When I go to load the map service in a web map the 'River Trend' and 'Major Stream Flood Status'  layers work fine, but the 'USGS Stream Gauge' layer does not display.  If I try to open the table of the 'USGS Stream Gauge' layer I get a error window that reads: "Accessing data failed".  What's weird is that the 'River Trend' and 'USGS Stream Gauge'  layers use the same source feature class.

Layer_Not_Displaying_Error_Message.jpg

Stranger still, if I reorder the layers in the MXD so the USGS Stream Gauge layer is on top and then republish all three work (even though this is not the desired order for the map). However, they display out of order: notice in the below screen shot that the 'Trend' arrows should be under the 'USGS Stream Gauge' circles, but they appear on top.

Display_but_Not_In_Order.jpg

I've never had an issue like this publishing to AGOL. Does anyone have any suggestions about how to make this work?  Or can anyone provide some insight about what is going on here? Any help would be appreciated!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Hi David,

Did you ever get this worked out?

0 Kudos