Adding a tile cache to a shortlist application

Jump to solution
10-15-2015 06:09 AM
MarkHoover1
New Contributor II

I am creating a shortlist story map for a local bike trail and wanted to add a tile cache of the historic railroad plans simply for background viewing.  However, whenever I add this to the webmap the application no longer loads.  Is there anyway to add this type of dataset in the application or is it strictly limited to point and polygon shapefiles/csv?

Thanks
Mark

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Hi Mark, could share the link of the web map containing the tile cache, or the URL of the tile cache you want to use. Display a tile cache should work in the Shortlist, whether as a supporting layer or as the basemap layer in the map. The projection doesn't have to be Web Mercator (since our June 2 Shortlist release). Also make sure you are using our most recent Shortlist release (v1.4.7). Any layers that don't contain the point content defining your Shortlist places are displayed as-is by the Shortlist. The only layer type that we know currently doesn't work in Shortlist are the new vector tile basemaps.

The Shortlist doesn't support turning supporting layers on and off for specific tabs via a configuration setting, but it is possible to do this by customizing the code. Please see: Is there a way to display a supporting layer only on a certain tab?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Mark,

Are you adding the tile cache to the web map as a basemap?  If not, try this by going to Add > Layer From Web > check the option to add as a basemap.

0 Kudos
MarkHoover1
New Contributor II

Hi Jake,

Thanks for the quick response.  I tried adding it as a basemap and still had the same spinning wheel problem when I tried to load the application.  Ideally what I would really want is for this tile cache to turn on when I click on a certain tab but upon further research it seems that turning layers on and off with tabs is currently not feasible in this application.

Mark

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Could this be a projection issue?  Does the story map require caches to be in web Mercator as with all ESRI base maps?

0 Kudos
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Hi Mark, could share the link of the web map containing the tile cache, or the URL of the tile cache you want to use. Display a tile cache should work in the Shortlist, whether as a supporting layer or as the basemap layer in the map. The projection doesn't have to be Web Mercator (since our June 2 Shortlist release). Also make sure you are using our most recent Shortlist release (v1.4.7). Any layers that don't contain the point content defining your Shortlist places are displayed as-is by the Shortlist. The only layer type that we know currently doesn't work in Shortlist are the new vector tile basemaps.

The Shortlist doesn't support turning supporting layers on and off for specific tabs via a configuration setting, but it is possible to do this by customizing the code. Please see: Is there a way to display a supporting layer only on a certain tab?

0 Kudos