Feature service with oracle data

09-25-2015 02:32 PM
DEVAPP
by
New Contributor III

Hi at all,

i have oracle database and i have registered it to enterprise geodatabase but there are some feature in oracle spatial data type.

I have create i view into geodatabase that take data by a join between geodatabase table and geometry data type oracle, and if i try to publish the mxd with this view as feature service i recive error, that the data source is not registered, but the DB is registered on ArcGis server.

i would like to know if i can publish feature service with oracle spatial data

thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III

Are you trying to Publish the View for editing?

0 Kudos
DEVAPP
by
New Contributor III

No, i'm trying to publish a feature service to develop a cluster into client web

0 Kudos
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III

My question was whether you are trying to publish the View as a Feature Service? Which I guess you are doing.

Views are read-only and cannot be edited. It will not let you publish a View as a Feature Service for editing.

0 Kudos
DEVAPP
by
New Contributor III

I Must publish feature service for develop a cluster, but the geometry layer is oracle data with join and feature service doesn't mantain the join so i thought to create a view.

i can't use all arcobject or Python, and i have a table geodatabase into write data by store procedure. i must project this data into map and so i create a join with geometry layer because the data doesn't have xy. I must publish this data as feature service for develop cluster but feature service doesn't mantain a join.

So if i create i fc and i use a sql for create a join and after insert into fc the geometry value, i have a fc to publish as feature service.

what do you think?

0 Kudos