Multiple Layer Query Widget

09-14-2015 03:20 AM
FinbarGillen
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Is there a widget in which you can query more than one layer? For example I want to the user to be able to a select the name of a boundary (Layer 1) from a drop down list, when they do this the widget should then execute to select areas (Layer 2) within this boundary that are labelled with a certain number.

SELECT BOUNDARY - EXECUTE - SELECT AND ZOOM TO AREAS WITHIN BOUNDARY

If anyone has any suggestions please get back to me.

Cheers,

Finbar

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Finbar,

No there is no widget out there that meets your exact workflow needs. The eSearch comes close with it's attribute and spatial selection capabilities. You can select select the boundary by name (by value search) and then switch to the (By Spatial search) and choose your areas layer. The issue is that you want to also apply a value/attribute search to that layer as well and currently this is not supported.

FinbarGillen
Occasional Contributor

Robert,

Must get a look at the eSearch tool. We have an internal tool that was made in model builder and was published as a geo processing tool. We used this in our flex viewer and it works in WAB as well. The only problem is that it is quite slow to process in WAB. I think maybe configuring the query tool through ArcGIS API fo JS so that it combines the two selections into one might be the way forward.

0 Kudos
TiffanySelvidge1
Occasional Contributor III

Do you know if this is something that is now a possibility? I am trying to figure out a way to have multiple cascading queries for multiple layers at the same time and then view the layers in a table.

EX: Query for all layers with Year 2016. From that selection query all for Residential. From that selection query all for Sales. Then view a table that lists all the final applicable layers and be able to select the layers I want to add to the map.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tiffany,

No this is still not a possibility.

0 Kudos
TiffanySelvidge1

So sad

I have developed a work around (in progress) though using your fancy eSearch widget (thanks so much for making that!). I have created a map that contains a geocoded table with specific fields for each layer and then included the url for each layer. I can then complete the search pointing to that 'layer' and then view the results in the attribute table and click on the link. I am still working on getting the app to recognize the links as layers rather than just going the the rest endpoint page. But now I can link and view pdfs and any other apps I want the user to be able to search.

0 Kudos
JohnMitchell7
New Contributor

Has Web App Builder been updated to handle multi-step geometry and attributes query since this thread was last updated? ESRI Staff?

ArmstKP

Would be nice to query all my layers in the map, to show which layers have been edited within a certain timeframe....

0 Kudos
ShaningYu
Frequent Contributor

Is it possible using such an algorithm as 

1) Create a Model Builder in Pro, where multiple layers can be queries?

2) Share the Model Builder project on ArcGIS Online.

3) Load the shared one into Web Mapp App.

0 Kudos