Select to view content in your preferred language

Story Map Journey Images Unlinked

Jump to solution
09-01-2015 09:04 AM
Yavapai-ApacheNation
Deactivated User

Hi again,

Today I opened my Story Map Exodus Journey to find the images unlinked… that is, some of them.  They are hosted on Flikr, public, and still show up there.  But they show as ? in my story.  When I looked at the issues in "My Stories" the inaccessible images showed as filenames I didn't recognize.. farm1.static.flickr.com/726/20681396902_1e5769e742_b.jpg  .

Is there a way to fix this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Looks like this issue was diagnosed as a network issue and resolved (see this other thread on GeoNet).

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

9 Replies
GregoryL_Azou
Deactivated User

Hi,

Can you share a link to your story map? Looks like this image is loading just fine for me. If you haven't changed anything on Flickr, this may just be a temporary issue. Do you have the issue on multiple computer?

In My Stories that's the expected behavior that we just show the web address of the image as the tool cannot get it's name in that context.

Yavapai-ApacheNation
Deactivated User

It is public. http://arcg.is/1J4WozP

Thanks.

Judie Piner

Preservation & Technology

Yavapai-Apache Nation

0 Kudos
GregoryL_Azou
Deactivated User

Your story seems fine, I can a lot of images. Is that only some that are not displaying?

The header logo is broken

0 Kudos
Yavapai-ApacheNation
Deactivated User

There are 10 that don't show up. And 5 that do. See my screen shot of the first section.

I know the header is broken, I don't have a URL for it yet. If I uploaded that image to My Content, how would I access it to put it in the header?

Judie Piner

Yavapai-Apache Nation

0 Kudos
GregoryL_Azou
Deactivated User

They show for me. Have you tested on multiple computers?

That blog will help you for image in the header Using photos stored in ArcGIS Online | ArcGIS Blog

Yavapai-ApacheNation
Deactivated User

Hmmm… My Windows computer is too old. But I tried Safari on another Mac. Still no pics. I will run home where I have more browsers to try.

Back. Yes, I see them on Explorer and Chrome. Bodes ill for building on the Mac.

Judie Piner

Yavapai-Apache Nation

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Judie,

Sorry you are having trouble. I just looked at your Map Journal in Safari, Chrome and Firefox on my Mac and it looked perfect (great work on the Story Map, btw!).

Have you tried clearing your browser cache?

Owen

Owen Evans
Yavapai-ApacheNation
Deactivated User

Good idea. Also updating everything. But the images failed to show on two Macs. Will also download Chrome.

Judie Piner

Yavapai-Apache Nation

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Looks like this issue was diagnosed as a network issue and resolved (see this other thread on GeoNet).

Owen Evans