Code Examples for ArcObjects C#

Jump to solution
08-22-2015 07:43 PM
MasroorHussain
New Contributor II

Hi,

I am coming back to ArcGIS after sometimes and finding it hard to find the example code base for ArcGIS.

I remember there was a repository to download plugins / tools submitted by community for ArcGIS developed using ArcObjects and C#.

Can someone please guide me where can I find them.

Thank you.

Hussain

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You were thinking of ArcScripts, where many people make code and tools available to others. When ArcGIS.com was introduced, the Gallery took its place but never quite achieved the same potential. There have been efforts to improve it, but frankly, it still isn't there yet.

There are many code samples available in the documentation (here is one example in a directory full of them) and there is also the Snippets directory (another example).

View solution in original post

2 Replies
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You were thinking of ArcScripts, where many people make code and tools available to others. When ArcGIS.com was introduced, the Gallery took its place but never quite achieved the same potential. There have been efforts to improve it, but frankly, it still isn't there yet.

There are many code samples available in the documentation (here is one example in a directory full of them) and there is also the Snippets directory (another example).

AlexanderNohe1
Occasional Contributor III

You may also want to consider looking into GitHub and the repositories maintained by ESRI.

Esri/developer-support · GitHub