I have some complex buffer polygons displayed from a runtime geodatabase. If I'm zoomed all the way out, they appear fine, but when I zoom in closer, errant lines shoot all over the place. Is there a known limitation for rendering polygons?
I have logged a bug issue for this, thanks for providing repro. Could you also provide repros for the GeometryEngine issues that you are seeing?
Not that I know. Could you create a simple producer for the issue?
I've attached an example. When I just buffered AZ highways, the problem didn't appear. Then I buffered AZ towns and appended the two classes together, and that did the trick (zoom into the southern part of the state). There seems to be more of a problem with rendering lots of widely scattered little polygon parts.
FYI, I'm also seeing GeometryEngine errors on the two test polygons:
Internal error exception
at RuntimeCoreNet.Interop.HandleException(Boolean retVal)
at RuntimeCoreNet.CoreGeometryEngine.Intersects(ICoreGeometry coreGeometry1, ICoreGeometry coreGeometry2, CoreSpatialReference coreSpatialReference)
at Esri.ArcGISRuntime.Geometry.GeometryEngine.Intersects(Geometry geometry1, Geometry geometry2)
Update: If I simplify the polygons, the intersection test works.
Update 2: I just looked at the results of the simplify, and they're bogus.
Thanks Mark again, I have confirmed issue and logged a bug issue for these ones.
FYI, as a workaround, I have accomplished production-level workflow using arcpy to slice the polygons into smaller chunks before exporting to Runtime content.
Also exporting geometries to json and read them from there seems to do the trick.
How did you create the geodatabase? What tools were used etc? If you don't want to share that information publicly, please send it directly to me to akajanus-at-esri.com.
As simple as it gets. In a Python window:
arcpy.Buffer_analysis("c:/apps/temp/towns.shp", "c:/apps/temp/Test.gdb/Town_buffers", "1 Mile", dissolve_option="ALL")
arcpy.Buffer_analysis("c:/apps/temp/trans123.shp", "c:/apps/temp/Test.gdb/Test_buffers", "1 Mile", dissolve_option="ALL")
arcpy.Append_management("c:/apps/temp/Test.gdb/Town_buffers", "c:/apps/temp/Test.gdb/Test_buffers", "NO_TEST")
Then in ArcMap (10.3.1) I opened the resulting feature class and shared as Runtime content.
As another test, created a geodatabase using just the towns shapefile and got similar rendering results.
Retrieving data ...