Invocation of MapView throws an exception on Windows 7 (32bit)

Jump to solution
08-10-2015 04:35 AM
FilipJung
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I would like to ask if anybody have not encountered the following exception on MapView control?

'The invocation of the constructor on type 'Esri.ArcGISRuntime.Controls.MapView' that matches the specified binding constraints threw an exception.' Line number '12' and line position '14'.

I build the aplication on Win 8.1 using Visual Studio 2015. It runs with no problems when installed on Windows 8.1 64-bit, but I need to run the app on the Windows 7 that is 32-bit. The verison of the runtime is 10.2.6.0.

Thank you very much for help!

Best regards

Filip

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AnttiKajanus1
Occasional Contributor III

When 10.2.6 was released VS2015 wasn't released so at the moment deployment tool is only available on VS2012 / VS2013.

You can also create deployment manually. Basically you need to copy arcgisruntime10.2.6 folder from

C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS SDKs\DotNet10.2.6\WindowsDesktop\bin\ (or the location where you have installed the SDK) under your application. Note that using deployment builder you can optimize the size of the deployment.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
FilipJung
Occasional Contributor

Just for clarification. If I build app without ArcGIS Runtime reference, the app works on both on Windows 7 and Windows 8. There seems to be some problem with Runtime, because it runs with no problems on the system where I compiled it but throws the mentioned error on any other system (no matter if Win 7 or Win 8).

Thank you for help.

Filip

0 Kudos
JensBuchta
Occasional Contributor

How did you deploy the application to the target system?

As you're using VS2015, I guess you didn't add the "Runtime .NET Deployment manifest", right?

You just copied the app from bin\debug to the target system?

If so, I guess you've been targeting "Any CPU" and only the 64-bit version of the runtime got included. Take a look at the bin\Debug\client32 folder. If it's empty, there's no 32-bit version.

So either go to official VS2013 and at the deployment manifest, or try to compile targeting x86.

0 Kudos
FilipJung
Occasional Contributor

Hi Jens,

I used the publish wizard to make the app release/setup. In Project properties -> Build -> Platform target I set x86 but that had not helped.

What helped me was installing VS2015 on that Win 7 32bit system and building and publishing the app there. Then the app works there after the installation. But on other Win 7 64bit it does not work.

Can you please point me how to set up Deployment manifest? It could be done only in VS2013?

Thanks

Filip

0 Kudos
AnttiKajanus1

Make sure that you have followed deployment instructions if you are running the application without ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET installed on that computer.

See more from following links:

Deploy an app—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET | ArcGIS for Developers

Create an ArcGIS Runtime deployment—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET | ArcGIS for Developers

0 Kudos
AnttiKajanus1

When 10.2.6 was released VS2015 wasn't released so at the moment deployment tool is only available on VS2012 / VS2013.

You can also create deployment manually. Basically you need to copy arcgisruntime10.2.6 folder from

C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS SDKs\DotNet10.2.6\WindowsDesktop\bin\ (or the location where you have installed the SDK) under your application. Note that using deployment builder you can optimize the size of the deployment.

AnttiKajanus1

Also make sure that you initialize runtime using ArcGISRuntimeEnvironment.Initialize Method 

0 Kudos
FilipJung
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for all the tips. I will try to find if we have VS 2013 installed (we have primarily VS 2010 installed) and give it a try.

0 Kudos
FilipJung
Occasional Contributor

Hi Antti and Jens,

opening the project in VS 2013 allowed me the creating of the Runtime .NET Deployment manifest and I was able to install and run the app on target computer.

Thank you all for help.

Best regards

Filip

0 Kudos
AnttiKajanus1

Happy to help.

0 Kudos