How do I set field visibility to an attribute table?

Jump to solution
08-10-2015 11:51 AM
LotteDoyle
New Contributor II

My dataset has numerous fields and it's joining with a table with similarly numerous fields so I wanted to reduce the number of scrolling I'd have to do. I had the Fields View of my feature layer and specified the fields I want to keep visible. This didn't seem to trigger ArcGIS Pro to do anything to the attribute table itself when I went to view it. When I closed the Fields View, it told me:

Unsaved Changes Found

Are you sure you want to close this pane? All unsaved edits to this workspace will be lost...

OK | Cancel

I clicked Cancel and looked for ways to save this state. Ctrl+S, in the Ribbon, etc... and tried closing the pane again - still the same message.

There doesn't seem to be way from the attributes table view to turn off fields either so I'm stuck.

Is there a step I'm missing to transfer the field visibility state over to the attribute table view?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KirstenPinkston
Esri Contributor

Hi Lotte,

You were definitely on the right track! From Fields View, uncheck the fields that you don't want to be visible from the attribute table.

While still in Fields View, if you've made any changes, you'll notice that the Save button on the Fields tab in the ribbon will be enabled.

Click Save and then open the attribute table of your layer to see the changes take effect. I hope this helps!

Best,

Kirsten

View solution in original post

2 Replies
KirstenPinkston
Esri Contributor

Hi Lotte,

You were definitely on the right track! From Fields View, uncheck the fields that you don't want to be visible from the attribute table.

While still in Fields View, if you've made any changes, you'll notice that the Save button on the Fields tab in the ribbon will be enabled.

Click Save and then open the attribute table of your layer to see the changes take effect. I hope this helps!

Best,

Kirsten

LotteDoyle
New Contributor II

Ah, I didn't notice there was a new Fields tab - I was under the impression it would fall under the Feature Layer group of tabs. Thanks!