Extract data from ArcGIS For Server?

08-07-2015 08:20 AM
AndreeaAmbrus
New Contributor III

I have a ArcGis for Server feature service in a web app and I want to use the Extract Data analysis widget. (basically point addresses that i want to extract to csv based on a area that I draw). After several failed attempts to use this data and tool, I found out that actually the Extract Data Tool works only with hosted feature services (Extract Data—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS )

Any work-around this?? Suggestions? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

You can bring the feature service into ArcMap and open attribute table > options > export > click browse folder button > file type is text file

0 Kudos
AndreeaAmbrus
New Contributor III

Thanks for the suggestion. I actually need to use it in the Web AppBuilder, so that non-GIS users can use the app to extract addresses.

As of now, I've deleted all the unnecessary fields and made the layer scale-depended. This improved the speed display a little bit (which was actually the original problem since my layer has 600000 features).

0 Kudos
DavidWendelken
Occasional Contributor

I can't help with a work-around, but I can help others more quickly find out "why" the export is failing.

I wrote up an explanation in a reply to another problem getting the extract to work at https://community.esri.com/thread/185088-using-the-spatial-analysis-service-extract-data-feature .

0 Kudos