AnsweredAssumed Answered

Custom toolbar that contains Python Scripts

Question asked by Cep86 on Jul 30, 2015
Latest reply on Jul 30, 2015 by rastrauch

I have been trying to come up with a custom toolbar that incorporates some of the python scripts that I have created, but I can't seem to get ArcMap to save some of the customizations that I make to the toolbar.  I have created the custom toolbar, I made sure that the options to save customizations to the MXD were unchecked, and I added in a mix of standard tools as well as my python scripts.  I edited labels and images to a point where I was happy with it, saved the map and closed it.  None of the python scripts that I added in were saved in the toolbar.  The standard tools stayed, but all python scripts just don't show up on the toolbar, and are no longer visible in the Customize > Commands > GP Tools section. 

Can you incorporate python scripts in a toolbar without the use of any other code?  I'm not really sure why it even allows you to add a python script to a toolbar if it doesn't allow them to stay there after closing.  I deleted my Normal.mxt file and started from scratch with no luck.

Right now the scripts are stored within a toolbox on a shared drive so that we can all use them, which works, but I would like to create a toolbar if possible. 

Any suggestions?

Outcomes