AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to print secured map services with Web Tier and Windows Authentication with Flex 3.7 and ArcGIS Server 10.3.1 ?

Question asked by warice on Jul 27, 2015
Latest reply on Jul 28, 2015 by JQuinn-esristaff

Problem:  I have a web application that was created using ArcGIS Viewer for Flex 3.7.  From the Flex Print widget, I am unable to print a map containing secured map services.  I receive the error "Unable to connect to map server".  The ArcGIS Server Print task works without error if the map does not contain any secured map services.

Server software:  ArcGIS for Server 10.3.1

Client:                  ArcGIS Viewer for Flex 3.7

Web Server:         IIS

Security Configuration:

a) In ArcGIS Server Manager, I have both the User and Role Store configured using the "Windows Domain" option.  Technical Note:  Because not all of our Windows Domain Controllers in our Windows Domain have the GC or Global Catalog role,  I have to manually configure a domain controller to use using the REST Admin.  I can see all of my Windows users and Windows Groups in Manager.

b) Web Adaptors:  I have two web adaptors installed.  One web adaptor for the public map services and a second web adaptor for the restricted, secured map services.  The web adaptor for the restricted/secured map services is configured in IIS to use Windows Authentication.

This issue is similar to the bug described in Knowledge Base Article # 41982 for ArcGIS Server versions 10.1 and 10.2.

41982 - Unable to print secured services with web-tier authentication

Does anyone know of a work around for printing secured map services using Web Tier and Windows Authentication with Flex 3.7 and ArcGIS for Server 10.3.1 ?

Outcomes