Web Feature Layer "staging failed"...everytime

07-24-2015 07:46 AM
DamiSonoiki
New Contributor

I'm attempting to publish a rather extensive, time-enabled map to arcgis online from arcgis pro; however, every time I have tried to publish it as a web feature layer or even a web map the job fails and only gives me the message that "staging failed." 

Please, if anyone knows how to avert this error their insight would be greatly appreciated.

8 Replies
JacobTodd1
New Contributor III

Hi Dami,

I have a few questions regarding your issue:

1. Can you successfully publish from ArcMap?
  2. What version of ArcGIS Pro are you using?
  3. Do you have editor tracking enabled? If so, please try republishing with it disabled.
  4. Have you tried publishing with time disabled?
  5. What time format is your data in; local time or UTC time?

I look forward to you response.

Jacob

DavidForbuss1
Occasional Contributor III

Has anyone figured this out?  I'm getting this same error for any layer I try to upload.  I'm getting the error even on some layers that I was able to upload as recently as yesterday.  All I get is a "Staging Failed" message.  Is there some way to get some details on the error?  I'm using ArcGIS Pro.stagingfailed.gif

0 Kudos
DavidForbuss1
Occasional Contributor III

Rebooted and that seemed to solve the problem...possibly because I was editing earlier and that session was still active?

FranciscoHernandez1
New Contributor

I had the same problem and it took a while to figure it out. So if you are publishing a layer, make sure you do not change the path of your feature class that is on your map. I moved my feature class to a different dataset within my geodatabase and I think thats what triggered the "Staging failed" message.

Even though the feature class is present on the Map, Pro won't recognize it because you changed the path. So you have to drag the feature class into the map again, but with its new path.

Hope this helps ..................... 6 months later

ThomasMathew1
New Contributor III

I had the same problem. The Analyze option did not catch any errors. I resolved it by 'Inserting a new map' and adding the layer again. Then publishing worked. Seems like bug at this point.

AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

I wish just inserting a new map would simply solve the issue....

0 Kudos
tomanoba
New Contributor

I have the same problem. I did check and did everything posted here but still, same problem.

0 Kudos
Anthonyde_la_Sota
New Contributor

City of Glendale: Resolved.

ArcGIS Server 10.4.1

>> JTODD-esristaff

1. What version of ArcGIS Pro are you using? ArcGIS Pro v. 1.3.1
  2. Do you have editor tracking enabled? YES If so, please try republishing with it disabled. Okay - DISABLED in ArcCatalog
  3. Have you tried publishing with time disabled?  NO
  4. What time format is your data in; local time or UTC time?  LOCAL
  5. >> Before selecting the SHARE button, I went to the MAP menu, > BASEMAP and selected another Street Map (World Street Map) for my basemap.  Saved results.
  6. Also, if publishing from a File GeoDB on your PC, make sure the "Configure Web Layer Properties" SYNC option is not checked on unless you are publishing a Registered datastore (SDE) geodatabase.

Thanks Jacob Todd

Tony de la Sota (adelasota@GlendaleCA.gov)