Web AppBuilder - ArcGIS Online- summary clusters not appearing

Jump to solution
07-14-2015 12:12 PM
ChristopherCoutu
New Contributor III

I have a point feature class in ArcGIS online that I would like to render in a  Summary Cluster.

I can get the summary clusters (with counter bar at bottom) to appear in the pre-built "Summary Viewer" template, no problem.

But, when I use the app builder and the summary widget, the clusters do not appear (just the counter appears).

The points disappear when the widget is activated (the summary appears).

The summary cluster appears in China. ( Apparently the summary clusters are not staying in the same datum as my point features

I do have "Display as Summary Clusters" checked.

Apparently this only works with one Coordinate system. Which one is it?

Thanks,

-Chris

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

This is a bug in Summary. The workaround is to make sure the layer has projection of wkid 3857.

WGS_1984_Web_Mercator_Auxiliary_Sphere

View solution in original post

6 Replies
ThomasKonzel
Occasional Contributor

I have a very similar question, except that I can't get the summary clusters (with counter bar at bottom) to appear in the pre-built "Summary Viewer" template.

I'm using a Feature Service on AGO built using an uploaded Service Definition that contains about 430 points, each with a RecordCount field = 1.  The Feature Service has only Query enabled.

Nothing shows up in the drop-down box when I attempt to set the Summary Cluster field.

Am I missing something?

0 Kudos
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

This is a bug in Summary. The workaround is to make sure the layer has projection of wkid 3857.

WGS_1984_Web_Mercator_Auxiliary_Sphere

ThomasKonzel
Occasional Contributor

I can see that my service uses 102738 as the Spatial Reference and feet as the units:

Extent:

• XMin: 2386296.44350856
  • YMin: 6927891.83868946
  • XMax: 2389749.09602712
  • YMax: 6930932.9706132

Spatial Reference: 102738

I'll update the WKID as you suggest and let you know the result.  Thanks for your assistance.

0 Kudos
ThomasKonzel
Occasional Contributor

I had the feature class set to 3857, but I forgot to set the data frame to 3857.  I did this and replaced the Feature Layer with the new data.  It now shows up with 102100 as the Spatial Reference.  Does it have to say 3857?

At any rate, it still didn't work to change the ArcMap Date Frame and Feature Class to 3857.

Below is an image of my issue - the Summary Field still won't populate with any of the feature class field names.

AGO_SummaryCluster_Issue1.jpg

0 Kudos
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

102100 should work. Both of them are the same.

Could you double check if the summary layer is added individually? It can not be added in a feature server group.

0 Kudos
ChristopherCoutu
New Contributor III

Okay,

I got it to work in AppBuilder by adding the feature separately (uploading a zipped shapefile).

It's strange that a feature service map will work with the pre-built "Summary Viewer" template, but not in AppBuilder.

This highlights that J. Songs answer is correct. It's a bug in the widget in AppBuilder.

Thank you for the  help.

Chris

0 Kudos