AGOL Web AppBuilder Users

Jump to solution
07-13-2015 09:43 AM
EmilioSolano
New Contributor III

Hello,

I just  started building apps using AGOL Web AppBuilder about a month ago, just prior to the latest release last week. Then, I noticed two major changes:

1- The basemap tool wasn't showing on the final app, or at least I can't seem to find it after I updated the app.

2- Before the update, once a user started the app by inputting the URL: http://lacounty.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=40bd0d0383294544a57c7c617f46c15b the app was initialized and the user could start using it right away without requiring to have an AGOL connection, since the majority of the users are non-GIS savvy that was very convenient. But now it seems to be mandatory to sign in AGOL.

The other choice, implementing our own ArcGIS Server to serve the app from it is, for me, a task out of my league. I will appreciate any feedback on these comments.

Emilio Solano, Assessor's Office, Los Angeles County.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Are you sure that all the content of the web map is shared with everyone?

View solution in original post

4 Replies
XanderBakker

Are you sure that all the content of the web map is shared with everyone?

EmilioSolano
New Contributor III

Hi Xander,

Thanks for the observation. One layer I added after the update was the

culprit. It was a layer showing the most recent aerial images, I added that

layer in place of the missing basemap with aerial images. Now I'm only left

with the basemaps tool.

Emilio

0 Kudos
XanderBakker

I see that the site is accessible for the general public now. However, please note that the Geocoding and Geoprocessing tools are based on non-public services and will redirect to the login screen.

If this question is answered could you please mark it as answered? Mark a reply as the Correct Answer

0 Kudos
EmilioSolano
New Contributor III

Hi Xander,

Do you have any input regarding why the basemap switcher tool is no longer in web appbuilder? that's why I was adding the images as a layer, when it should be added as a basemap.

Thanks,

0 Kudos