Hosted Feature Layer

07-09-2015 09:52 AM
KatelynPage2
New Contributor

I have a hosted feature layer that worked earlier today but will no longer work. It has two layers within it and one layer will draw and produce an attribute table but the other produces an error that says the data cannot be found. If I open the hosted service in ArcMap both of the layers will draw and I can see the attribute tables with the data. Does anyone have any idea why this may be happening?AGOLError.PNG

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

There could be an access problem. How have you shared your layer? Have you signed in to ArcGIS Online from ArcMap? If so, that may be why you can access it.

If you can share the layer publicly and post the URL here, I can take a look to see if I can access it.

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
KatelynPage2
New Contributor

Can you explain more about the access problem? I am using the same login information in both ArcMap and ArcGIS Online but am only able to see all of my data in ArcMap when i pull in the hosted feature layer from My Hosted Services. The two feature layers were published together from the same MXD. When I published them from ArcMap I signed into my account, and published the service on my hosted services for my organization using ESRI's servers, not my organizations.

Thanks,

Katelyn

0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

I thought you might be accessing the layer without signing in, for example, via a web app from a template.

Did you disable the Data capability on the one layer when publishing? (i.e., Map, Data Query)

What are the data sources of the layers the same? for example, both shapefiles, or from geodatabase?

If you don't feel comfortable sharing a link to the layer publicly, you might consider calling Esri Tech support and have them take a look.

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos