Hosted Tile Layer Pop-up

Jump to solution
07-08-2015 11:46 AM
JamesFrank
New Contributor III

Hello All,

I'm betting that there is a very simple answer to this question but I am just not seeing/finding it.  I have created a cached tile layer in AGOL from ArcMap and within AGOL from a feature layer.  The scale range is at and above the County level to States level so not many tiles.  I found on the Configure Pop-ups docs page the section on "Enabling pop-ups on hosted tile layers without feature data" which states that I should be able to point to a "sublayer" to populate pop-ups.  The directions explain to do this by selecting to "Enable Pop-up" on the tile layer as I would with a feature layer in the Details>Content list of the Map .  The problem is that I don't have that option on my tile layer.  This seems fairly straight forward.  I must have missed something along the way but in retracing my steps for creating the tile layer, I can't find what it might be.  Anyone have a thought or suggestion where to look?

Thanks much,

Jim

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi James,

Try clicking on the service layer name, "CJABServiceMap Cache" to see the expanded layers underneath. Then you will find the sub layers where you can enable pop ups.

-Kelly

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

You should see the ability to enable popups on the sub layers here:

Do you see this option available to you?

Russ

0 Kudos
JamesFrank
New Contributor III

Hi Russ, Thanks for the response.  I don't see the option as you show but I am also not using layer files when I publish my map.  I just have feature classes in ArcMap.  That may be the difference.  The data that you show in your screen cap, are those layer packages loaded up onto AGOL or layer files published from ArcMap?  Or something else all together?     -Jim

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi James,

Try clicking on the service layer name, "CJABServiceMap Cache" to see the expanded layers underneath. Then you will find the sub layers where you can enable pop ups.

-Kelly

0 Kudos
JamesFrank
New Contributor III

So, can I ask for a do-over on this one?    Yes Kelly, that did it. 

Thanks Russel and Kelly for your clear identification of "user error". 

Regards,

Jim

0 Kudos