AnsweredAssumed Answered

Batch CityEngine Webscene Export by Segment ID

Question asked by Holisticbynature on Jul 7, 2015
Latest reply on Jul 7, 2015 by Holisticbynature

Hi CityEngine Users,

Does anyone know of any posts that discuss massive batch webscene exports?

Ideally I would like to be able to select a line/street segment by some unique ID, isolate, then frame it, then export a web scene in batch using the Jython functions available in CE.

I understand I will need some type of object scene iterator in the scene. I would also need to group this selection with 3-4 other selections representing different scenarios. I am pretty sure I can export on selection of a segment ID, but I am not sure how to "group" the scenarios with the selection. Is there any experience on isolating a particular shape based on an attribute out there?

Once I have it isolated, I think I would use the 3D View functions to frame it and then do my export with the Export settings. I think the hard part here would be making the group layers for each scenario. Is there any way to declare a group layer name for the export settings in an automated way?

The goal would be to make something that could take CE procedurally generated segments, and make a separately URL link and webscene for each segment. Each segment would consist of 3-4 models grouped by a "Group Name" I also would probably want a dictionary of URL link-Segment ID pairs to then include back into a script on the GIS server side.

I was hoping to know if anyone had any experience with this.

Chris Wilkins I would love to discuss with you if you have time.

Kind regards,

David

Outcomes