hosted home button

Jump to solution
06-23-2015 08:43 AM
BrianLomas
Occasional Contributor III

My home button doesn't change the map at all when clicked. I'm using an AGOL hosted swipe map. Anybody know how to change this for a AGOL hosted map?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarkCooney

Okay, we are able to reproduce, and have identified this as a bug with the home button with web maps using a projection other than Web Mercator.  We will try to find a fix and include on the next release.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
GregoryL_Azou

The home button should allows to get back to the location that was initially used when the app opened. So until you navigate the map, the expected behavior is that the home button won't do anything.

Can you share a link to your application?

0 Kudos
BrianLomas

It's currently only shared within the organization, I cannot change this due to our admin's restrictions... The home button doesn't change the map even after you pan and zoom to a totally different location.

0 Kudos
GregoryL_Azou

Ok sorry about this. If you can answer a couple of questions, we should be able to reproduce and fix:

- are you using swipe or spyglass?

- have you enabled or disabled any settings? (popup, swipe series)

- what browser are you using?

Thanks

0 Kudos
BrianLomas

We are using swipe.

The only setting disabled is 'swipe series'

I am using Firefox 38.0.5 but I get the same results on IE 11.0.20

Thanks for your help on this.

0 Kudos
MarkCooney

I am unfortunately unable to reproduce on either Firefox or IE.  A few more questions for you to try and reproduce on our end:

• Are you swiping layers from one map, or swiping two maps?
  • What projection are your map(s) in?
  • What OS are you on?

Thanks

0 Kudos
BrianLomas

1.) Originally I was swiping two maps then switched to one trying to fix the problem but it didn't make a difference.

2.) Projection: Transverse Mercator

3.) OS: Windows 7

0 Kudos
MarkCooney

Okay, we are able to reproduce, and have identified this as a bug with the home button with web maps using a projection other than Web Mercator.  We will try to find a fix and include on the next release.