Web App Query Widget- Zoom Issue

Jump to solution
06-16-2015 12:38 PM
KirkHarstead
New Contributor III

I've developed a Web App using the Web App Builder in AGOL. The app displays a point Map Service that was uploaded onto AGOL from a local server. I am having an issue with the results of a query using the built-in Query widget.

Below is a Filter Definition for a query. It is set up so the user enters a string and the query checks if the string is contained within the field.

1.jpg

The problem occurs after the query is run. The results window displays properly, but the map does not display (just a gray screen, as shown below behind the results window). Also, the scale bar shows “NaNmi” instead of the normal scale bar notation. I cannot zoom in or out.

2.jpg

3.jpg

The only way to get the map visible again is to hit the “Home” button. Now back on the original extent, the map displays properly with the query results symbolized.

I've found that this problem only persists if the query returns about 10 or more items. For a query that returns fewer results, the map and the layer both display properly and there are no issues. Also, I have another Web App that utilizes a polygon Map Service, and this is not a problem. Is this because of a size restriction on query results? Or a bug when using a Map Service displaying point data?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KirkHarstead
New Contributor III

We got to the bottom of this one...turns out some of our points had a lat/lon of 0,0; therefore if the query returned any of these features, the map's extent was thrown off and would not display.

We removed these features from the data, and the query runs perfectly.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
KirkHarstead
New Contributor III

We got to the bottom of this one...turns out some of our points had a lat/lon of 0,0; therefore if the query returned any of these features, the map's extent was thrown off and would not display.

We removed these features from the data, and the query runs perfectly.

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Kirk, although not typically etiquette to mark your own answer correct, in thus case you should do others know the solution was found and the question is closed.  I personally think this is a valid question/problem that others could encounter.

0 Kudos
BillyHopper
New Contributor III

I have come across this issue, when trying to use Query widget to search against related tables.  I have a feature layer that has points, all points have valid lat/lon info, and when I search using Query widget I can find the related data, but when I click back on the related results that exist in the feature layer, the map zooms out to the point where it is just a grey screen, and does not show my map at all.

any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos