Load feature services in ArcMap

Jump to solution
06-12-2015 05:58 AM
IoannisKotsis
New Contributor

I have published a map in ArcGIS Server with Feature Access enabled and I can see in the REST Directory the 2 services that where created (MapServer and FeatureServer).

I can also edit the map with a web application created with ArcgiS JS API. Everything works fine and the changes in map are saved in a postgresql database where the data of the layers are.

I would like to edit the map with ArcMap, but my problem is that I cannot see the Feature Service in the AcrCatalog. Only the Map Service is visible. That means I cannot create a local copy for editing.

Any Ideas?

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Ioannis,

I run into this problem all the time.  You won't be able to access the Feature Service using an 'admin' connection.  Create a 'user' connection to the ArcGIS Server instance and you will be able to access the Feature Service.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Ioannis,

I run into this problem all the time.  You won't be able to access the Feature Service using an 'admin' connection.  Create a 'user' connection to the ArcGIS Server instance and you will be able to access the Feature Service.

IoannisKotsis
New Contributor

Thank you so much!

0 Kudos