Having problems with services stopping...

10-03-2013 08:49 AM
RachelLinonis
New Contributor
Hello, I'm having some difficulty accessing my maps/services via REST Services.

On my manager panel, I see that my maps exist. However, by each service's status, I see "Stopping...". When I try to press the button to start it again, nothing happens.

Additionally, when I try to access REST Services, I see None under each folder. (This is strange, because my admin manager panel tells me that something should be there.)

We just upgraded to Server v10.2. We've also tried restarting the server, clearing the cache, and uploading a new map. The same thing happens every time.

Does any have any idea as to what's going on? Thanks in advance for your help. (I've attached some screen shots for reference.)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28012[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28013[/ATTACH]

Edit: typo
0 Kudos
4 Replies
StephanieSnider
Occasional Contributor III
Did you discover a solution to this problem?  We have one hanging service that is in stopping mode and will not complete.  We tried restarting the ArcGIS Server service and even restarting the server itself.  Still this one service is hung in "stopping" mode which is making all the other services unresponsive (not working).  I cannot stop/start/delete a service through Manager or ArcCatalog.  Is there a way to manually remove a service by killing a task manager service or deleting the physical files?
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: ldonahue

For some reason this issue sticks out in the back of my head and I can't remember if it happened to us or if I dreamed it, or if it was unrelated to this issue.

I recall recently something like this happening and I discovered that there was an orphaned sde connection to one of the layers in the published mxd/msd.  How it got there, I have no idea.  Killing the user connection helped and I am maybe 50/50 sure this was related to not being able to stop a map service.  ??
0 Kudos
ScottStory
New Contributor II
I have the exact same problem as Rachel. I just upgraded our single server to 10.2.1 and when the upgrade finishes all of the services are in a state of "Stopping...". I am not able to manually stop and/or start the services. Restarting the ArcGIS Server service does not help either, nor does restarting the server itself (this is a DEV server so I have that luxury). I would really like to figure this out. Maybe it would be a better practice to stop all the services prior to any upgrades?
0 Kudos
SebastienPetit
Occasional Contributor

Same issue still happening time to time with 10.3

Most of the time it is restarting after some time...

0 Kudos