Function "Clip to Shape" for Arcpy

06-02-2015 01:33 AM
calgis
by
New Contributor

Hi,

Does anyone know whether the arcpy includes the function like "Clip to Shape" shown in ArcMap (DataFrame right click > Data Frame Properties> Data Frame > Clip Option > Clip to Shape)?

I just can know that the arcpyproduction includes the similar function "ClipDataFrametoGeometry". However, it is required Production Mapping Licence. It is strange that "Clip to Shape" is a built-in function of Arcmap but it does not include in arcpy.

Thanks

Calvin

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Zeke
by
Regular Contributor III

I don't know of any function in arcpy, but this link might help, if I understand it correctly. It appears to be based on a feature layer extent, not a graphic as is available in the data frame version, but worth a shot. You could create a feature class/shapefile with the geometry you want and use that if needed.

JuliaBonani
New Contributor

Dear Greg, I'm trying to contact you but since they changed the fórum I just can't send you a private message, you help me last year (almost exactly one year ago with the name of recurvata) with a python code and now I need help again, I don't think it is really complicated but here I can't find anybody to help me ..it is possible for you to send me a private message or so ? Thanks , J (I'm sorry for posting this message here like that, I will erase it as soon as you answer me, thanks again)

0 Kudos
calgis
by
New Contributor

Hi Greg,

Thank you for your advice. However, copying feature to shp file will get longer processing time. The function "Clip to Shape" can mask out the unwanted area efficiently. Do you have any ideas about  "Clip to Shape"  in arcpy?

Thanks

Calvin

0 Kudos