When testing my app on real Lolipop (API 21) device, app isn't working

Jump to solution
06-01-2015 11:35 PM
SalihYalcin
New Contributor III

Hello everyone I've been developing an app so far. Last weekend my test phone (Asus Zenfone 5) took Android Lolipop update, when I try to test my app at the my phone It gives me error; Error inflating mapview xml. But when I test app on the Kitkat version (4.4.2) It works without any error. How can I solve this issue ? Is this caused by my codes or Is this caused by Esri Android API?

Thanks everyone for patient.

Here is my LogCat;

logcat.png

And here my gradle file;

apply plugin: 'com.android.application'

android {

compileSdkVersion 22
   buildToolsVersion "22.0.1"

defaultConfig {

applicationId "com.companyname
   minSdkVersion 15
   targetSdkVersion 22
   versionCode 1
   versionName "1.0"
   }

buildTypes {

release {

minifyEnabled false
   proguardFiles getDefaultProguardFile('proguard-android.txt'), 'proguard-rules.pro'
   }

}

packagingOptions {

exclude 'META-INF/LGPL2.1'
   exclude 'META-INF/LICENSE'
   exclude 'META-INF/NOTICE'
   }

}

dependencies {

compile fileTree(dir: 'libs', include: ['*.jar'])

compile 'com.android.support:appcompat-v7:22.1.1'
   compile 'com.esri.arcgis.android:arcgis-android:10.2.6'

}

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanO_Neill
Occasional Contributor III

The fix is in the latest version of ArcGIS Android SDK 10.2.1-1  Update your gradle files to use 10.2.6-1.

dependencies {

compile 'com.esri.arcgis.android:arcgis-android:10.2.6-1'

}

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanO_Neill

The issue is with the libs provided in the AAR dependency module not working as expected on x86 lollipop devices.  At issue is an arm library is being deployed to an x86 device which Intel runs on x86 devices via Intel Houdini binary translator​ which allowed your test app to be run on your x86 phone. The Houdini translator does not currently work on Lollipop devices so the app stopped running and requires x86 libs.  We are working on updating our AAR lib module to address the issue and get your apps back working again.   

DanO_Neill

The fix is provided in the next update release for 10.2.6 and has been tested to resolve Salih Yalcin​ issue. 

0 Kudos
DanO_Neill

The fix is in the latest version of ArcGIS Android SDK 10.2.1-1  Update your gradle files to use 10.2.6-1.

dependencies {

compile 'com.esri.arcgis.android:arcgis-android:10.2.6-1'

}

0 Kudos