AnsweredAssumed Answered

Why do I get error message when creating interpolation from point data to raster via spatial analysis tool?

Question asked by 31728146 on May 13, 2015
Latest reply on May 16, 2015 by 31728146

Hello

I am having a series of issues with my new installation of Arc 10.2 and Microsoft Office 2013, which I had been plagued with for the last two weeks. The most recent now is that I can not do any interpolation work as I keep getting a series of errors.

Error: 010429 Error in Grid

Error: 010296 Error in writing raster

Error: 010067 Error in executing grid expression

Failed to execute (idw)

Now I am trying to interpolation to a raster from a point file via the spatial analysis tool using IDW as the method of interpolation, which I have been doing for several years now without any issues (Note:  I am now using a new computer, new ArcSoftware and the latest Mircosoft 2013 software...if this make any difference?//...).

I've inserted a print screen of these error messages...I hope this will help

I am not familiar with how to solve error or what they actually mean for that matter. The description in the Arc help center are completely over my head.

As I mentioned I have had a series of issues with the compatibility between Microsoft Office and Arc 10.2. For example, I was able to import (add) my Excel spreadsheets into Arc via "Add data> add XY data, but then could not create an xy event...without it having to be saved in the default folder. I did manage to create a shapefile for the added XY data...and thought all would be sweet, but now I can not do the next processing step of interpolation the point data (shapefile) to raster.

If someone could please help me with this issue, that would be great. I am now several weeks behind in my work and my deadline is approaching in a week.

Thanks for you time.

Cheers

Jess

Outcomes