ArcGIS Engine - Geocoding Intersections

11-04-2010 08:09 AM
JimFiddes
Occasional Contributor
I'm in the process of migrating my existing ArcEngine app from 9.3 to 10 and one of the issues I've encounted was a change in techniques for geocoding. I've updated code to find a single address but am still having issues with finding valid intersection points. I've found this write-up from ESRI:

NIM058762 - Results of intersection geocoding are missing spatial reference and cannot be projected correctly.

Description: Using a locator containing a projected coordinate system, the geocoded location of an intersection address may not be displayed correctly on the map due to missing spatial reference in the found location. This problem may occur in ArcGIS Desktop, Engine, or Server.

and ran the MSP but as the write-up discusses, only the GeoCoding.dll is updated. In my application I'm referencing dlls found in C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\DeveloperKit10.0\DotNet and of course there are no updated dlls found there.

What am I missing?? If it has been fixed, why doesn't it work, I can't get it to go in Desktop either (and I've run that MSP as well). ILocator2 and IAddressCandidates2 are coming from the ESRI.ArcGIS.Location library and it has not been updated.

Assistance is VERY required here.

Thanks
Jim
0 Kudos
0 Replies