How can I use the Intersect tool to find common areas from 3 output files created by an Iterator tool in a Model Builder?

Jump to solution
05-05-2015 10:32 AM
abubadruddin
New Contributor II

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abubadruddin
New Contributor II

Here is the screen shot of my Model. It selects 3 different school using the Iterator tool from the Parcel layer and creates a 3 mile buffer around each of the 3 schools and save them as School1_Buffer, School2_Buffer, & School3_Buffer. So this model works as expected!

However, I want to find the common areas among those 3 school buffer (School1_Buffer, School2_Buffer, & School3_Buffer). How can I use the Intersect tool in the model to create an intersect among those 3 buffers?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DarrenWiens2
MVP Honored Contributor

If you're asking because Basic and Standard licenses only allow two inputs for Intersect, you can get around it by running the tool once between feature classes 1 and 2, then again with the output and feature class 3.

0 Kudos
BlakeTerhune
MVP Regular Contributor

Check out the Intersect Help Topic, there are some helpful Python code examples at the bottom. The function can take all three of your output files as a list for input.

0 Kudos
SepheFox
Frequent Contributor

Hi Abu, It might be helpful to post a screenshot of your model.

0 Kudos
abubadruddin
New Contributor II

Here is the screen shot of my Model. It selects 3 different school using the Iterator tool from the Parcel layer and creates a 3 mile buffer around each of the 3 schools and save them as School1_Buffer, School2_Buffer, & School3_Buffer. So this model works as expected!

However, I want to find the common areas among those 3 school buffer (School1_Buffer, School2_Buffer, & School3_Buffer). How can I use the Intersect tool in the model to create an intersect among those 3 buffers?

0 Kudos