AnsweredAssumed Answered

Offsetting lines without using representations so can link to Excel spreadsheet

Question asked by infobleep on Apr 29, 2015
Latest reply on Apr 30, 2015 by sephefox

Hi there

I have a question relating to Arcmap 10.0 and 10.3. I have an excel spreadsheet of attribute data relating to footways and carriageways of roads and footpaths.

In the spreadsheet headings are as follows:

section ID / section description / left hand footway planned year of works / right hand footway planned year of works / carriageway planned year of works.

The idea is that I then link that spreadsheet to an existing SDE layer containing the section IDs and display the data.

I need to offset the left and right hand footways. Previously I converted the Excel spreadsheet to a file Geodatabase and used representations.

However a colleague is often updating the Excel spreadsheet and it would be far more helpful if I could now just work directly with the Excel spreadsheet. Is their any way of offsetting the lines without using representations, so that the left and right hand footways are offset?

I can if needs be create new feature classes with the lines permanently offset for the left and right hand footways. If so how would I do that.

I'm using ArcMap 10.0 but can use ArcMap 10.3 if that's the only way to archive this.

Thanks for reading

Tim

Outcomes