I'm working with a large geodatabase (75mb) with upwards of 80 feature classes/tables. When I call syncGeodatabase:params:status:completion: my UI locks up for an extended period of time (sometimes more than 30 seconds).
I tried pushing this call to a background thread via grand central dispatch but when I did this, my status and completion blocks were never called and the server showed that the GDB was never updated.
The attached screenshot shows the output from a time profile w/ instruments. The trace shows exactly where this lengthy processing (delay) is happening as well as the fact that it is occurring on the main thread.