Registering DB on SQL Express issue

04-24-2015 02:04 AM
BrianBorg1
New Contributor II

On trying to register a geo DB  residing on SQL Express 64bit I am getting this error.

The connection property set was missing a required property or the property value was unrecognized. The connection property set was missing a required property or the property value was unrecognized.

I am using SQL express as I need to publish some Feature services on my local machine. Any other alternatives to publish features without using SQL 2008 r2 or any other enterprise level db will be appreciated

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Brian,

Does the ArcGIS Server machine have the SQL Server 64-bit Native Client installed?  Also, if the ArcGIS Server site contains a cluster, you will want to make sure each server has the 64-bit Native Client installed.

BrianBorg1
New Contributor II

HI Jake,

Thanks for your feedback. We installed the Native client you've suggested but unfortunately to no avail. We are just trying to publish this feature service on a local pc where both sql server and arcgis server are on the this same machine. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Are you connecting to the geodatabase as a Windows Authenticated user?  You can change SQL Server to mixed mode authentication if it's not already.  Then, try registering the geodatabase by connecting as a database user.