How do you make an edit box invivible in ArcPad 10?

10-22-2010 09:48 AM
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor
All,

A client has asked to me resurrect from the past an old ArcPad 6 project. I had created custom forms with vb code for a bunch of shapefiles. When I load the forms in I notice what were invisible edit boxes are now visible in ArcPad 10. Looking at the APL file it looks like I made them invisible by deleting the font attributes from the XML schema (the APL file). Well this obviously does not work in Arcpad 10, so how does one make the control invisible? There appears to be no attribute one can set to say invisible (well not from I've seen from the Help file anyway)?

I want them invisible as they are holding a value which affects the value of another edit box.

Whats the official way esri would do it?

Duncan
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
IvanKautter
New Contributor III
I would think that the simplest thing you could do would be to create variables in whatever scripting language in whatever scope is appropriate and use those to hold values rather than invisible Edit controls.
0 Kudos
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor
All,

I poked around the Help file a bit more and although it seems there is no attribute in the APL file that you can set to say a control is invisible you can do it through code. So I have this code executed in the on initialise event of the form. Hey presto the control is invisible!

Dim aForm, aControl
Set aForm = LAYER.Forms.Item("EDITFORM")
Set aControl = aForm.Pages.Item("PAGE1").Controls.Item("ebx_ID")
aControl.Visible = false

Duncan
0 Kudos