ArcGIS online: Adding multiple points based on imagery

04-20-2015 03:44 PM
RebeccaWilson
New Contributor III

Hello,

I'm working on a project and it requires adding multiple points, with no attributes, based on identified objects in the imagery. We just published a features service so that we could start editing in the webmap (and thus from the field), but I'm running into a workflow issue and am wondering if there is a way around it.

We need to add multiple points quickly, they have no predefined coordinates, and are based on buildings we identify in the imagery. The feature service has 50 or more templates for the different point types. Currently I have to scroll down the list of templates, choose the template I want, click on the point on the map then it pops up the attributes to populate. When I want to add another point I have to repeat the whole process including scrolling through the templates (since it scrolls back to the top after each point). In ArcMap it is quick - choose the template, click, click, click, etc. then finish editing.

Is there a setting somewhere that can make this quicker? Or a workaround?

If more information is needed, please let me know.

Thank you,

Rebecca

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

If you are using Collector for ArcGIS there is an option under the app settings called Continuous Collect. This allows you to collect the same template multiple times at the same or new location. It can also copy over attributes from a feature you just collected to the next feature.

Add a feature—Collector for ArcGIS | ArcGIS

Russ

RebeccaWilson
New Contributor III

Thanks Russ,

That is definitely helpful to know since we do perform these collections in the field as well. I hadn't thought that far ahead yet, so I'm glad to know that that won't be an issue.

As for right now the issue is while on a computer in the office.

Thanks again!

Rebecca

0 Kudos